The Management Body of Parnassos National Park is
a Private Legal Entity supervised by the Ministry of the Environment, Energy, and Climate Change. It is governed by an 11-member Board, composed of representatives from ministries, services, local authorities, NGOs and scientists. It is responsible for the conservation, protection and management of Parnassos National Park, founded in 1938. It is one of the oldest National Parks in Greece, founded the same period as Olympus. Natural Reserves, according to Law 1650/86 Article 19, are included in the category of National Parks.
The protection and management of Parnassos National Park is an important priority for national, European and international level due to its recognizable value of flora, fauna and avifauna, habitats, landscape and culture. .. more
The main objectives of the Management Body are:
- The conservation of natural resources, biodiversity and the general protection of the entire region.
- The promotion and implementation of information and awareness programs.
- Τhe attraction of visitors and promoting the values of the protected area.
- The sustainable use of the protected area’s ecosystems, and generally, the compatible with the protection and conservation, social, economic and cultural development of the region.
- Τhe development of partnerships with Universities, Research Centers and NGOs.
The Management Body’s website will be constantly updated and will contain useful information for any visitor with scientific and environmental interests. We hope that you will contribute to our effort.
The President of Parnassos National Park Management Body
Thekla K. Tsitsoni
Professor of the Department of Forestry & Natural Environment
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki